Upon taking up the responsibility of sponsorship, you will receive:
- A photograph of your the monk, nun or child with their name, house number and PIN. The use of their PIN number in correspondence with us and also in any letters you may want to write, is important, to avoid confusion with Tibetan names which are often quite similar.
- Their postal address. There is no obligation to write; this information is provided simply for those who wish to do so.
- The Annual Newsletter, which provides news on the scheme, stories from recipients and so on.
- A Payment Record Sheet for you to keep track of where you are paid up to.
- An Annual Receipt sent to you each June. This lists the payments received and the sponsors current payment status. This is also a good time to double check your address and other personal details and inform us if something has changed.
Many recipients write to their sponsor to thank them and inform them about progress in their studies and life. Most don’t speak or write English, so it can be difficult for them to write and it is not guaranteed that you will receive a letter from them. Having said that, many still manage to find a translator and keep in touch, which can be quite rewarding. As you might imagine the translators are in high demand.