The scheme supports monks, nuns and lay Tibetans living in India, students at Gyalten Charity School and nuns at Nyagye Nunnery in Tibet or Hadu Nunnery in India.
Summary of the Scheme
- Sponsors pay $10.00 (Au) a month or $120 per year.
- The recipient receives the entire $120.
- Nothing is kept back for expenses.
- The scheme is administered by volunteers.
- Receipts are issued yearly for all payments.
- Recipients sign for their contribution.
- Records are audited annually
- The scheme is based and audited in Adelaide, Australia.
- Sponsors and recipients can correspond depending on current political stability issues.
- There are nearly 450 monks, nuns and school children awaiting sponsorship.
- Within a few days, you will receive a confirmation email, and your SID (sponsor ID). This number must be used when making a deposit by any method
Sponsorship form for non paypal payments
Please add the following information.
- Your name, postal address, contact numbers.
- What month you would like to start i.e. distributions are sent at the end of June and December each year. You can start in any month, however if you would like your sponsee to get the full distribution, you might like to start from the end of the last distribution (i.e. if it currently say, April, you might like to start from January, or if it is say November, you might like to start from July).
You will be sent a confirming email and photo of the person(s) you have chosen.
Other payment options here.
The scheme currently has sponsors from Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, India, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Canada, Malaysia, Sweden, Kuala Lumpur and USA.